CNMI ART CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Task of the Artist
To develop original 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional Works of Art (i.e. visual works of art, sculptures, ceramics, traditional crafts, etc.).
Visual works of art can be of many forms, including but not limited to painting, photography, drawing, printmaking, collage, sculpture, painting, pencil drawing, pastels (sprayed with fixative) and mixed media. There is no minimum or maximum size, however the decision to display works during the event will be solely up to the judges.
Substrates may include canvas, linen, wood, clay board, panels, paper, watercolor, or any other substrate chosen by the artist.
License and Use Rights
Artists who submit their artwork to Bridge Capital, LLC agree to the following:
That Bridge Capital, LLC and its affiliates (“Bridge Capital”) be granted a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license (the “License”) to use and display the artwork, including copies, reproductions, or modifications of the originally submitted artwork (the “Artwork”), for marketing and promotional purposes, in any present or future events or exhibits by Bridge Capital, including usage of the Artwork by Bridge Capital in press releases, promotional and event materials, or on websites and other electronic media.
The artist further agrees that Bridge Capital may maintain an archive of the Artwork, for documentary purposes. This archive may be made available for public viewing by Bridge Capital.
Except as otherwise provided in these rules, all Artwork used or displayed by Bridge Capital pursuant to the License shall remain the property of the artist, and the artist retains all rights to the Artwork, subject to the license granted herein.
The artist is not entitled to any compensation for Bridge Capital’s use or display of the Artwork pursuant to the License. Bridge Capital does need the artist’s prior consent in order to use or display the Artwork pursuant to this License.
LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ART. Pursuant to the License, Bridge Capital may move the Artwork or publicly display the Artwork. The artist hereby indemnifies Bridge from all loss or liability arising out of theft of or damage or destruction of the Artwork while the Artwork is in Bridge Capital’s possession, custody, or control.
RETURN OF ARTWORK. Bridge Capital will notify the artist when Bridge Capital is ready to return the Artwork to artist. The artist may pick up the Artwork, at a location designated by Bridge Capital, no later than 30 calendar days after the day on which Bridge Capital first notifies artist that the artist may retrieve the Artwork (the “Notice Period”). If the artist fails to retrieve the Artwork during the Notice Period, the Artwork will automatically become property of Bridge Capital and Bridge Capital may dispose of the Artwork in any manner. Bridge Capital will not be liable to the artist for loss of the Artwork or damage or destruction to the Artwork caused by Bridge Capital’s chosen method of disposing of the Artwork.
All participants must have resided continuously in the CNMI for at least one full calendar year prior to the date on which the artist submits an Artwork to Bridge Capital. CNMI Residents who temporarily reside outside of the CNMI for purposes of study or military service may participate.
An Artwork is not eligible to be entered in this competition if the Artwork has ever been entered in another competition, even if the competition was not sponsored by Bridge Capital.
- Submission of an Artwork to the competition will be deemed to be the artist’s consent to these rules and to the final decision of the judges.
- Although an artist may submit an Artwork intending for the Artwork to be part of a specific competition category, Bridge Capital retains sole discretion to assign an Artwork to a competition category deemed appropriate by Bridge Capital.
- All Artwork must be submitted to Bridge Capital prior to the final judging of the competition.
- Each entry must be the sole original work of the submitting artist.
- Multiple artists may contribute to a single Artwork, and if so, the submission form should contain the names and contact information for all contributing artists.
- An entry must not contain copyrighted material produced by someone other than the artist, such as magazine cutouts, photographs, etc., unless the artist has obtained written permission to use the copyrighted material. The artist shall submit together with the Artwork a copy of all written permissions to use copyrighted material. All Artwork submitted to Bridge Capital which contains copyrighted material and which is submitted without the required written permission will be automatically disqualified.
- Bridge Capital may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Artwork containing inappropriate language, images or subject matter, including nudity or content which is obscene, indecent, or offensive to others.
- Once submitted an Artwork will remain in Bridge Capital’s sole possession until the end of the competition.
- Please make any desired copies of artwork prior to submission.
- Bridge Capital employees and their immediate relatives may not participate in the competition.
- By accepting a prize, the artist irrevocably transfers and assigns all of the artist’s right, title, and interest in and to the submitted artwork to Bridge Capital, LLC.
- Winners must provide a valid tax identification number and are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes, if any.
Open Category: Painting, Photography, Woodwork & Mixed Media
Please attach the completed Official Entry Form and the Assignment of Copyright securely to the back of the artwork with one strip of tape along the top of the media.
Specific to Photography Competition:
Please submit photograph details including caption, date, time, and location on a separate paper. Please do not imprint any of these details on or in the photograph.
Photographs must be unaltered. No computer generated, or digitally enhanced works will be accepted.
Photographs may be in color or black and white.
Photographs must be the sole original work of the artist. All non-original works submitted to the competition will be rejected.
By sending the photograph to the competition, the photographer is confirming that the photograph is an original work that belongs solely to the artist.
Photographers should not submit photographs of hurt or captive animals or photographs that require the artist to disturb an animal in its natural habitat in order to obtain the photograph. Photographers should avoid content likely to offend others, including photographs depicting distressed or injured humans or animals or photographs that members of the general public would deem to be obscene. Bridge Capital may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any photograph that does not comply with this policy.
This category is open to all people 12 and older who are currently obtaining education.
11 & Under Competition:
All children 11 and under are eligible to enter this category.
Specific to the 11 & Under Competition:
The artist’s name, age, address, home phone number and teacher’s name, along with the school name and grade level should be clearly written on the back of the art piece.
Submitted works should not display the name of the artist or the name of the school or teacher on the Artwork. That information will be provided to Bridge Capital on the Official Entry Form and the Assignment of Copyright (along with signed Guardian Submission form) securely attached to the back of the artwork with one strip of tape along the top of the page.
How Your Entry Will Be Judged
The designated judges will judge all Artwork (including photographs) based on originality, content, quality, appeal and adherence to these contest rules and regulations.
THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES IS FINAL
The judges will not reconsider any contest decision.
Winning entries will be displayed at the Bridge Capital office on Micro Beach Road in Saipan and all entries may be presented online from time to time at http://www.cnmiart.com or via other Bridge Capital affiliate websites.